You purchased your dream home through your Shorewest Agent and can’t wait to get into your new space! But before you move in, there are a few things you still need to do. Here are six things to do when moving into a new house:
1. Change the locks. You can install a new deadbolt yourself, or have a professional from Shorewest Home Services help you. This ensures that you are the only person that can get into your new home.
2. Check for plumbing leaks. Before you close, your home inspector will thoroughly inspect your new home and make you aware of any leaks. However, it never hurts to double check again. Keep an eye out for dripping faucets and running toilets. Check your water heater as well.
3. Steam clean carpets. Do this before you move in and you won’t have to try and move your furniture. You can rent a steam cleaner or hire a professional. Either way, your carpet will look brand new.
4. Clean your cabinets. Clean the inside of all of your cabinets. This ensures that your dishes, towels, blankets, sheets, etc. will stay clean. You might have to replace the contact paper.
5. Give the critters the boot. If you live near a field, you might easily attract mice. Mice, rats, bats, roaches, ants, spiders or other unwanted guests need to leave. You can find do-it-yourself ways to get rid of them, but your best option is to hire a professional.
6. Find your circuit breaker and main water valve. It’s a good idea to find your circuit breaker and main water valve. You can label your circuit breaker, if it’s not already done. It’s also important to know where your main water valve is in case of a plumbing emergency.
If you‘re ready to move into a new house, contact a Shorewest Agent today!
Tags: buying a home, current housing market, Home, Home Buying, Housing Market, living in milwaukee, Milwaukee, milwaukee lifestyle, real estate advice, shorewest, Shorewest Realtors, tips and advice
Categories: Home Buying
Leave a Reply