Fall is a great time to clean and upgrade your belongings. Replacing a few key items can help give your home a fresh outlook. Here are eight things to get rid of by the end of the year:
1. Television. If you have an old, outdated television, upgrade it to a flat screen. You can mount the television to a wall and it barely takes up any room.
2. Carpet. If you can’t steam the stains out any longer, it’s time to get new carpet. Upgrade to extra plush and stain-resistant carpet. Or, go for hardwood floors.
3. Light fixtures. Replacing old light fixtures can help brighten up a room. Go antiquing, look at rummage sales — there are many opportunities to upgrade without making a dent in your wallet.
4. Ceiling fan. Anything with brassy hardware or old wood needs to go. Now’s the perfect time to shop for a new ceiling fan — there’s a good chance they’re on sale now.
5. Bedding. Your décor needs to reflect your style. If your bedding is outdated, upgrade!
6. Pots and pans. If your pots aren’t in the best condition, toss them and buy new ones!
7. Vacuum cleaner. If your vacuum cleaner hasn’t picked up dog hair in awhile, it’s time to get a new one.
8. Showerhead. After a few uses of your new showerhead, you will understand exactly why this is important!
For more home improvement tips, visit our Pinterest page!