Fall is here! There are lots of great seasonal activities to do with your family. Here’s a list of things to accomplish this weekend:
1. Go Apple Picking. After spending time together picking apples, make it a family activity to cut them up and make your family’s favorite treats together. For a full list of local apple orchards, click
2. Do a Service Project Together. Whether you want to help those in need in your community (a food bank, drop-center, soup kitchen, church, etc.) or less formally (delivering a meal to a neighbor or picking up litter in your neighborhood), make time to volunteer as a whole family. Volunteering as a family can happen any time of the year, but many organizations request extra volunteers during the fall to prepare for a season of high demand.
3. Visit a Farm. Visiting a farm during harvest season while the weather is beautiful can be incredibly rewarding. Your family can see the crops and methods used to grow food, which can help your children picture where their food comes from.
4. Take a Drive. Pack a picnic and head north. Encourage your children to look for something new. depending on the length of your trip, play road games.
5. Take a Hike. With the leaves changing colors, there’s lot of beauty to behold outdoors. For a list of local hiking trails, clickhere.
6. Do a Creative Project Together.For younger children, click here to learn how to make Homemade Pine Cone Bird Feeders. For older children, click here to learn how to make an Autumn Leaf Mason Jar Candle Holder.
7. Rake Leaves Together.Build a pile and jump in the leaves! Easy, free and fun!
8. Build a Scarecrow.Make a scarecrow together using at least one piece of clothing from every family member.